My Freedom

Friday, May 17, 2013

Post Election Blues



When discussing the disappointing results of the elections, where clearly incapable people where elected, I do not subscribe to the idea, that we as a people, deserve them because "what we reap is what we sow".

Personally, I hate to be bunched up like leafy green vegetables. I did not vote for these idiots. Sad as I am when my choices didn't make it, I am just content in the fact that I PARTICIPATED in the election process. I believe in my right as a citizen to vote. I exercised this right, along with the millions of people.

Now, if one does not agree with the results, do we cry to the heavens and declare that the majority is wrong, short of implying that they are downright stupid?

It is not their fault. Did you honestly believe for a minute that the ruling elite would allow their candidates to play dead and lose?  Remember that since time immemorial, Philippine politics has been the common playground of politicians who protect their interests. Just read the papers.  The will go at great length to protect these.

So why blame the voters? Is it saying that your opinions are better? By concluding that "what we reap is what we sow", we collectively treat them as a whole. In turn, it disrespects the right of each and every one of us.   Remember, every individual has her story. Perhaps yours is above the rest… you think.

So, enough of this bull (I’ve been hearing this since college.)  Let’s not train our sights on the people who merely exercised their RIGHT as citizens.

Instead, let’s focus on DEMANDING that these so-called politicians become true to their service mandate. If they fail at this, we should then, this time as a "bunch" banish them from their lofty places.

No comments:

Post a Comment